Shared web site hosting is such kind of providing space for web sites on the hosters server when you share this server with other customer’s web sites. All web sites use the same software and operating system. But unlike free web hosting which has the same conditions, with shared web hosting you have much more benefits.
Shared web hosting can be divided into two subtypes:
Free Shared Hosting is the best choice for trying some new ideas and not paying for hosting. This type of web site hosting provides you with everything necessary for floating your site. Bandwidth and Disk Space is limited. This type of shared hosting may not ensure you with MySQL, PHP support. Web statistics is also poorly provided.
Paid Shared Hosting provides such necessary features, as multiply e-mail, MySQL, PHP are supported. You may use it if you want to host small business web site, intermediate or large professional site but don’t need the whole server’s space. Using shared hosting you get a good possibility to host your site on a powerful, well administrated server at a low monthly cost.
Now we can pick out pros and cons of shared hosting:
- Low cost
- Good server administration
- Multiply e-mail, MySQL, PHP support
- You don’t need some unique knowledge in web site and server administration
- Low security level
- Resource limitation -everybody uses the same memory, CPU and Hard Drive.
- You can use only the software which is provided with your web hosting company, and correspondingly you can’t install your own.
- Some available ports and connections can be limited because of security policy.
The main feature of shared hosting is that you don’t need to worry about possible server problems. Your hosting company’s support service is to fix all troubles. So, when choosing shared hosting you must carefully look at company support’s quality, the better quality of support – the better conditions for your site.